Due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Hopatcong Police Department will be conducting the following protocols:
• The main lobby doors will remain locked. There is a call box on the side. Please press the button and wait to be addressed by the dispatcher. You will be asked a series of questions. If the matter is urgent you will be allowed into the lobby. If the matter is non-emergent, you will be directed home where you will speak to an officer over the phone.
• If you call the police station or 911 you will be asked a series of questions. Answer the questions, so that we can alert 1st responders of the conditions of you and your home.
• Officers will still be the 1st responders to your home. If the matter is emergent, the officers will perform their duty as usual. If the matter is non-emergent the officers will not enter your home but will speak to you accordingly.
• If you have a complaint, and it is non-emergent, call 973-398-5000 first!
• If you have a question, in regards to any matter and it is non-emergent, you may send a message through our Facebook page, our Instagram account, or the Hopatcong Police Department website (www.hopatcongpolice.org).
• As we have stated prior, all court dates are suspended until further notice. Please contact 973-770-1200 if you have a question regarding a pending case.
• All recreation programs are suspended. See the Borough web site for more details.
• All schools are closed until 3/27/2020. There is the possibility that the Governor extends this, so keep checking the school’s website.
• Driver licenses, registrations, and inspections all have been extended. See https://morriscountynj.gov/.../njmvc-extends-expiration-date.../ for more details.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Together we will overcome.
“We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end.”President Woodrow T Wilson