Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp, Morris County Acting Chief of Investigations Chris Kimker, and Parsippany-Troy Hills Police Chief Andrew Miller announce the arrest of Samuel J. Rozynski and Alona Goulbournes following a long-term drug investigation in Morris, Sussex, and Bergen Counties. This investigation culminated on January 29, 2020, when law enforcement officers from multiple agencies executed three search warrants in Sparta, Cliffside Park and Parsippany, which resulted in the seizure of approximately 350 grams of cocaine, 37 pounds of marijuana, numerous firearms, and over $300,000 in suspected drug distribution proceeds.
The following individuals were arrested as a result of this investigation.
Samuel J. Rozynski, age 44 of Sparta, NJ, was charged with the following:
· 1 count of First-Degree Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Distribute.
· 1 count of First-Degree Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute.
· 1 count of Second-Degree Conspiracy to Distribute Controlled Dangerous Substances.
· 1 count of Second-Degree Money Laundering.
· 3 counts of Second-Degree Possession of a Weapon During the Commission of CDS Offenses.
· 1 count of Third-Degree Possession of Cocaine and Marijuana Within 1,000 Feet of School Property.
· 1 count of Third-Degree Possession of Cocaine.
· 1 count of Fourth-Degree Possession of Marijuana.
· 1 count of Fourth-Degree Possession of Prohibited Weapons and Devices (large capacity ammunition magazines).
Rozynski is currently in custody at the Morris County Correctional Facility, pending a detention hearing.