The Sparta Board of Education hired the firm R-Pat Solutions, LLC, to help find a new superintendent for the district.
If all goes according to plan, the new superintendent will be hired on March 1, 2021, and start work by July 1, 2021.
The private consulting group of former school administrators specializes in serving public school districts in northern and central New Jersey, according to its website. It is based in Roselle Park.
The former superintendent, Michael Rossi Jr. left the district for personal reasons back in June. The former assistant superintendent, Patrick McQueeney, is now serving as interim superintendent.
. The Sparta BoE will work closely with R-Pat Solutions, LLC, to find the best candidate for the Sparta Superintendent of Schools. Here is a brief timeline (all dates are flexible and subject to change):
“The Sparta Board of Education is committed to finding an exceptional candidate for our school district,” said Kimberly Bragg, the school board president, in a statement.
She detailed the following schedule for the search:
● November: The board will advertise the vacancy and seek interested applicants.
● Mid-November/early-December: A survey seeking feedback will be sent out to the school community.
● November: Consultants will meet with stakeholders this month to explain the process, with dates and details to be announced.
● Mid-December: The application closes.
● January 2021: Superintendent applicants will be interviewed.
● March, 1, 2021: The school board will appoint a candidate.
● July 1, 2021: The new superintendent will start work by this date, if note before.
Sparta started its school year with all-virtual learning, and expects to begin a hybrid program of in-person and remote classes on Nov. 2. McQueeney said in an email last month that the district’s original plan is being delayed “due to inadequate staffing available.”