Museum reopening after being closed for almost 10 years ANDOVER BORO The vast history of Andover Borough includes cannon balls cast for the Revolution, wagons and stagecoaches plying the turnpikes, old steam trains making their way along the famed “cut-off,” fires that burnt nearly the whole town, and even murders. And on August 21, from 1-4 p.m., the borough’s varied history will be on display once again for the public to see when the museum’s doors re-open after being closed for nearly 10 years. Almost 10 years ago the Historical Society had to pack up the museum after water damaged the Andover Borough Municipal Building where the museum is located. The society’s members at the time loaded all of the borough’s most historical possessions into boxes and closets so the building’s roof could be fixed. After that long project a lot of the members had moved, got sick, or passed away. As a result, there was no one to unpack and get the museum back up and running. That is, until some people met this past summer and decided to do something about it. The museum consists of historical photos of the old school (which is still standing), the Methodist Church (which burnt down in 1991), Main Street, the Andover Inn, and of course the train station, just to name a few. There are also artifacts on display such as old wedding dresses, school desks, a stain glass window and pew from the Methodist Church and much more. Sundae Younkers, Secretary of the Historical Society, said the society is seeking donations of photos, books, or other historical memorabilia related to the borough’s past for their museum and are always looking for new members. Younkers can be reached at 973-903-1412 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The borough hall and the museum are located at 137 Main St., Route 206.